After a decade in business, Team SEQ has produced events that were seemingly impossible, jumped over countless hurdles, learned a lot from our mistakes, and grown in unimaginable ways. As we continue to celebrate our incredible 10-year milestone, Team SEQ’s founders reflect on the 10 most important lessons they’ve learned during the last decade.
- The Journey is the Destination: There isn’t a “there” to get to. We will never be “done” with Sequence — it evolves as we do, and that’s a huge part of the fun!
- People Matter Most: Whether it’s our team, our clients, or our guests, people are the single most important thing to us. Hospitality and client service is all about relationships, and truly connecting with people everyday.
- Inspiration Comes When You Seek It: We find inspiration in everything we do and see: the articles we read, a walk in the park, our client’s brand guides, our incredible partners’ and vendors’ IGs, and of course all over Pinterest!
- Event Production is a Team Sport: We could only do this together. Having an integrated, multi-faceted and multi-talented team of experts in project management, creative, design, logistics and technical production has been our foundation for success!
- You Can’t Control the Weather: We can’t really control anything for that matter, and that’s okay. We’ve learned to roll with the punches (and to have backup plans for our backup plans).
- Create a Dream Team: Team SEQ’s company culture and core values are at the core of everything we do. Its important for our staff’s goals and values to align with the company’s. Common ground creates a culture of collaboration and growth, and ultimately has culminated in our dream team!
- We Love Challenges: We love when we are challenged to solve the impossible — it makes us stronger, better, and irreplaceable.
- Listen First — and Often: There’s a distinct advantage to understanding other peoples’ perspectives before giving your own. So listen with the intent to understand, not with the intent to reply.
- Always Strive to Make Sequence Better: We’ve made thousands of decisions over the years; some easy, some difficult, some right and some wrong. Whenever we’re struggling with a decision, we ask ourselves a simple question: ‘Does this make Sequence better?’ That question ensures we’re acting in the best interest of what ultimately matters: the success of Sequence.
- Be Bold: There would have been no Sequence if we played it safe 10 years ago, and similarly, our company would look drastically different if we didn’t embrace change and lean into virtual 18 months ago. Exploring, experimenting, and taking chances has led to the fabric of our success for the past decade, and hopefully for the decade to follow as well.
We cannot thank our team, our clients, our partners, and our peers enough for supporting us on our 10-year journey. We look forward to 10 more incredible years in business and continuing to achieve success, including accolades like being named an ‘IT List’ Event Agency by Event Marketer and a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work, that makes us proud.
If you’d like to learn more about Sequence’s services, sign up for a free 30-minute consultation with one of our skilled event professionals. We can’t wait to connect with you.