As the Delta variant of COVID-19 makes its rounds, Team SEQ is once again helping our clients reassess their event plans in order to adjust to new health and safety guidelines, and the ever-changing landscape of guest experience.
We’re COVID-planning pros.
The good news? We’ve been here before and are armed with lessons learned and best practices for COVID-safe events. Over the last year-plus, Sequence has designed and produced great events for COVID-conscious in-person interactions, hybrid experiences, and fully-virtual-and-still-amazing opportunities for our clients.
So, how is the Delta variant impacting in-person events as of today?
Here is what’s happening right now with just a few of our clients hosting in-person events for the remainder of 2021.
- September: A financial tech company is moving forward with their in-person sponsorship of a large trade industry trade show. (Orlando)
- September: A major bank has transitioned their in-person conference to a fully virtual format. (New York City)
- October: A New York based nonprofit will hold their in-person Annual Gala in an outdoor, tented space in Brooklyn. (New York City)
- October: While a major medical institution is moving forward with plans for an in-person opening for a new hospital, the event has transitioned from a large-scale gathering to a smaller, more intimate (and COVID-safe) “watch party” with a virtual viewing option. (Philadelphia)
- October: A tech client’s sponsorship activation of a large conference has been delayed due to the conference being postponed until June of 2022. (Las Vegas)
- December: Client and employee in-person events hosted by a financial services firm will go on as planned. (New York City and Boston)
- December: A nonprofit is moving forward with their hybrid Annual Gala. (New York City)
We’re optimistic for 2022!
We’re thrilled to see that, so far, all Sequence clients hosting in-person events in 2022 are currently moving ahead and planning with confidence.
The bottom line for the remainder of this year is— don’t panic. We’re here to help, and excited to continue designing unforgettable experiences that make you look great!